We’ve answered a lot of questions in the past 10 years we’ve owned and operated a Montessori school.
But there’s one question that, until now, we never felt able to answer fully: what is the best way we can support parents in their journey of raising their family?
We spend all day helping children learn, but equally as important is helping parents be the best parents they can be.
We started to ask ourselves:
- Parents are busy. How can we make their lives easier?
- What can we do to provide the most amount of support on their parenting journey, with the least amount of time?
- How can we create a place that is positive, helpful and resourceful?
We researched the existing resources available for parents. Here’s what we found:
- Traditional support networks like physicians, family members and friends
- Venerable organizations like PBS, Sesame Street or Baby Center
- Newer online communities found in Facebook groups or apps like Smart Moms
What we didn’t find in the existing resources above was a single, easily-accessible tool that parents could turn to when they needed support and inspiration.
So we built Primary, the app for parents.
Primary is the answer to our original question of how best to support parents in raising their family.
Here’s why we built it:
- To offer parents short tips for when you only have a few moments or longer articles when you’re ready to dig in.
- To offer resources you can trust, including original content from our Montessori background as well as other featured sources.
- To offer a positive place to remind parents: You’re doing a good job. A little encouragement goes a long way.
Most importantly, to support parents when they need it the most.